Our policy in full
1. Introduction & General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of our services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information the Holiday Money cards may collect about you;
- how we will use information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
Holiday Money Cards is a marketing branch of Manor Finance Ltd, based in the UK. Holiday Money Cards operates a facility for registered clients to pay one another using the combined services of Holiday Money Cards and Global Currency exchange Network Ltd (GCEN)
GCEN are a FSA registered Money Services provider. They exchange currencies , make bank transfers and receive payments in a variety of currencies via online merchant services.
3. What information will Holiday Money Cards collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the Holiday Money Cards services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or textus, or create an account using the Holiday Money Cards online registration system, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Holiday Money Cards (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
4. How will Holiday Money Cards use the information it collects about me?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to personalise the way the Holiday Money Cards content is presented to you (e.g.the way that you view your log in area when you are logged into our secure services);
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Holiday Money Cards website;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Holiday Money Cards may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
Where Holiday Money Cards proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will Holiday Money Cards contact me?
We may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Holiday Money Cards can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to us, e.g. on our message boards or via text or voice mail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Holiday Money Cards will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will Holiday Money Cards share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Holiday Money Cards. However, Holiday Money Cards uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, such as GCEN. GCEN are the merchant services provider and currency exchange service required to complete some of the services offered by Holiday Money Cards. We require third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on our web site.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Holiday Money Cards website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour with any of our services, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Holiday Money Cards reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the Holiday Money Cards. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. You cannot currently use our currency services, unless you are 18, or over.
10. How long will Holiday Money Cards keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Holiday Money Cards and GCEN. If you cancel your registration with Holiday Money cards, and your account is deleted, a red flag goes on the database and, while we cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
11. Can I find out what personal information Holiday Money Cards holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that Holiday Money Cards holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. Cookies Policy – Information Holiday Money Cards collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
c. Third Party Cookies in embedded content.
Please note that during your visits to our web site, you may notice some cookies that are not related to Holiday Money Cards, or their contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these. Find out more about third party cookies in embedded content.
d. How to reject cookies?
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through this website, then you can find out how to do this in the Managing Cookies section of the Holiday Money Cards Privacy & Cookies website. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites’ features.
The Data Protection Officer, Holiday Money Cards, Manor Finance Ltd, Suite 1, Orchard House, Tebbuts Road, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 1AW, UK (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last updated: July 2012